Monday, October 17, 2011

A Delightful Discovery


Not too long ago I wrote a British Bites post about my recent fixation with cranberry cheese.  I lamented the sore trial I was forced to endure by being 5,000 miles away from the epicenter of cranberry cheese production.  I cried myself to sleep for nights over the loss of my beloved Wensleydale. 

But then...

A miracle occurred.

Today I was pushing a giant cart through the aisles of Costco with my mother when we came to the cheese aisle.  I thought it worthwhile to have a look in the off chance some British dairy was on offer.  And there it was.  Wensleydale cheese with cranberries imported from a Dorsetshire farm.  Well, I snatched that cheese up faster than a cow can moo.  This is indeed a happy, happy day.

Now I can't wait to share this with my family.  As I said in my earlier post, we aren't very adventurous in the dairy department.  My mum is quite keen to try it, but my brother seems appalled by the idea of berries embedded in a wedge of cheese.  I truly hope they enjoy it; if not...well, I guess that means more cheese for me!

2 comments:

The Lloyd Family said...

I see it was made on the "Ashley Chase Estate." My mind was immediately filled with daydreams about my other life. You know, the one where I am Ashley Chase, and I own an ESTATE. But then that vision was dashed as I thought, "That estate probably belongs to a MISTER Ashley Chase." Ah, poopsicle. And yes, I did just make up the word poopsicle.

Diana said...

I can completely see you as Lady Ashley Chase of the Ashley Chase Estate. I'm already imagining scenarios in which I come to stay with you for an entire summer, but you never get sick of me since you have 73 rooms and acres of woods and gardens. Can I please stay in the red room?