Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Vampyre; Or, I Am a Reading Slacker


After posting about my favourite Gothic reads, I was inspired to make some grand plans for my Halloween reading.  Illness and family time, unfortunately, have drastically carved into my reading time.  In short, I have yet to read a single Gothic text this month.

Then I remembered that I've been dying to read The Vampyre by John Polidori for ages, and a lovely copy of the text is sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be opened.  The tale is very brief as well, so I'll be able to plow through it (and hopefully a few other tales of the macabre to which the cover refers) by Halloween.  The history of The Vampyre is quite dramatic, which has only enhanced my curiosity.  I'll let you know what I think (and share more about the story behind the story that fascinates book nerds the world over) after I've finished it.  I hope others have been more successful than I with October Gothic reading.  Have you picked up anything exciting this month, Gothic or otherwise?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I wish I would have had time to read something spooky this month, but between school and trying to finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, I never got around to it. I usually at LEAST read Dracula every Halloween, but I guess this year I'll have to settle for the Radio Dramatization on NPR tomorrow...

Diana said...

I haven't read 'The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest' but I thought 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' was pretty creepy. I think that qualifies as Halloween reading!

I didn't know there was a Radio Dramatization of 'Dracula' on NPR. How fabulous! I will have to check it out. :)

menna said...

شركة تنظيف مطابخ وإزالة الدهون في راس الخيمة
شركة تنظيف فلل براس الخيمة
شركة تلميع وجلي رخام في راس الخيمة
شركة مكافحة حشرات راس الخيمة
شركة مكافحة الرمة راس الخيمة