Sunday, October 02, 2011

Fortissimo


One of the great things about being back home is once again having access to a piano.  I love to play the piano.  For me, it is a fantastic way to unwind and relax.  I even had dreams as a teenager of becoming a concert pianist, but I was never that great.  And now, having not touched a piano in over a year, I am downright terrible.  It will be a fun challenge, the attempt to improve my playing.  The only problem is that I can't seen to refrain from playing every single piece loudly and with gusto.  Fortissimo is my only volume.  Ah, well.  For me it's all about the feeling and passion behind the notes. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! While trying to make dinner the other night, Catherine went to the piano to practice. Then she started quizzing me to guess whether she was playing forte or piano. I'll bet that you still have the chops!

Diana said...

Thanks, Andrea! Btw, did you pass Catherine's quiz? ;)