Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am a hopeless sugar junkie, and this past Sunday I found myself craving a classic fall dessert.  Something pumpkin was the order of the day.

As far as I have observed, pumpkin doesn't strongly feature in British cuisine.  But in America, it's a seasonal favourite.  We have the following pumpkin desserts available at this time of year: pie, cookies, cake, ice cream, muffins and cheesecake.  And those are just the pumpkin varieties that immediately spring to mind!  After hearing about this great recipe, I decided to go with the cookies.  They turned out quite well, and I am already eager for another batch.

Rounding up the ingredients
Wallet optional
Butter + White Sugar + Brown Sugar = Heart Disease
But isn't it worth it?
Adding the canned pumpkin
It smells like baby food -- blech
Mixing the Spices
I used milk chocolate chips in lieu of semi-sweet
Ready to bake...
...And voila!  Ready to eat!
Enjoying the fruits of my labour
Or is pumpkin a vegetable?
Can I say the vegetables of my labour? Hmm...

3 comments:

Brooke said...

mmmmm! They look divine! There is nothing better than pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with cider while watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" during the fall season!

Lindsay Rondo said...

i have tried once to make pumpkin choco chip cookies and i failed. so tonight, i shall try again.

cute post. hope they tasted delish.

Lindsay

Diana said...

Brooke: haven't yet pulled out 'It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown' but need to get on it before Halloween.

Lindsay: I am definitely challenged in the kitchen, but this recipe was pretty easy to make. It's the only one I've ever tried, so I don't have much to compare it to -- but I thought they were pretty tasty! The family agreed.