Sunday, October 09, 2011

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape


Every self-respecting Harry Potter fan is fully aware that Professor Severus Snape is a paragon of awesomeness.  The fact that I am constantly finding hilarious bits of media that reinforce just how beloved this creation of J.K. Rowling is merely confirms my opinion.  I decided to share a few Snape bits and pieces in the off chance that you are unfamiliar with them.

Have you seen Snape's Diary from Potter Puppet Pals?


It is full of doom and gloom and is possibly the funniest thing I've seen all year.  I keep quoting lines from this cyber-gem with friends and family.  A favourite of mine: 'I asked her to dance.  She asked me to die.'

If you haven't already seen the Snape version of 'I'm Too Sexy' I highly suggest you do yourself a favour and watch it now.


Finally, I've got a little something for those of you who tweet: the Twitter feed of Professor Snape.  An anonymous someone posts laugh-out-loud blurbs as Snape.  Examples include 'Neville would have done it in four books' and 'Things people should not do: Talk to Lupin during his "time of the month."'  They always have me in stitches.

Do you know of others that I'm missing?  Please, do share!

P.S.  This isn't technically Snape related, but actor Benedict Cumberbatch of Sherlock fame does an impression of Alan Rickman that is pretty spot on.  I'm providing not just one but two Youtube links featuring his impersonation in action.

5 comments:

ragini mohite said...

you blogged about my two favourite men. *smiles*. btw that snape twitter feed is inspired.

Ana said...

I'd marry any of the three men mentioned, the fictional one and the two who are too old for me. Just pure brilliance!
Oh button, my button where hast thou fled?

P.S.- Trying to type this on a kindle is hard work as my finger occupies almost half of the keyboard at once, but I had to comment. Go Snape!

Brooke said...

"I know a lot about books, and that's a book!"- This is what I'm going to tell the next customer that asks my opinion on a teen vampire romance that I've never even heard of...

Also, I just watched my very first episode of Sherlock the other night! Loved it!

Diana said...

Brooke, you should put customers who request Twilight in the corner for a timeout like the one Ron was subjected to!

Glad to hear you're liking Sherlock. I can't wait for the new series.

Diana said...

Ana and Ragini, I'm glad I could feed your celebrity fantasies. :) Thanks you Ana for introducing me to Snape's Twitter feed! It really is inspired, isn't it?