Monday, October 10, 2011

Picnic in Chawton


After touring Jane Austen's home and garden Liz, Ana and I had a little picnic at the park across the road.   Although the sun had decided to make an exit, it was still relatively warm for the time of year.  It was lovely having a little repast while we admired the beautiful surrounding area.  Chawton hosts some gorgeous views of the English countryside.  

 A charming little park

Liz and Ana
I love trees
Chawton if full of thatched roof cottages like this one
The leaves are already changing colors...
...And falling to the ground
See those sheep in the distance?
 They aligned in one long row and trotted along
Why do sheep keep popping up on this blog?
A post-lunch photo
A traditional English pub across the street

I simply adored my experience in Chawton and can't wait to go there again.  Next time I'd like to visit Chawton House, the estate nearby that was inherited by Jane's brother.  It is now home to the Chawton House Library.  I'm dying to roam the grounds, tour the home, and idly browse the library.  It's only open to the public two days a week, which is why we didn't wander over there; but I think I see a trip there in my future.

1 comment:

king comforter sets on sale said...

It was lovely having a little repast while we admired the beautiful surrounding area. Chawton hosts some gorgeous views of the English countryside.
wholesalesalwar ,
pakistani suits wholesale in pakistan ,