Friday, October 21, 2011

Have a Fun Weekend


Dear friends and family, I hope you have a fun weekend.  My siblings are out of school for fall break, so I will be having a blast with the fam going to an amusement park and hopefully seeing a movie.  Do you have any exciting plans?  I also wanted to share some great literature links I discovered this week.  Sadly, they are not as cultured as this beret-sporting dog.  Ah, well.  One does what one can.   

A 100-page private notebook belonging to Bram Stoker has been discovered by his descendant.  I love that these authorial treasures are still being found!  How amazing would it be to discover one?

A UCL professor discusses his choices for the Top Five Victorian Novels.  I was thrilled to see both Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights but surprised at the absence of George Eliot.  What would be on your list? 

A great blog post about reading James Joyce.  I myself made it through one chapter of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man before jumping ship. 

A fun little catalogue of Jane Austen heroes (and villains).  Question: where is Jonny Lee Miller as Mr. Knightley?  


Ah, that's better. 

No comments: