Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Weekend!


Dear friends and family, I hope you have a great weekend.  I really started mine off right by spending an evening with a dear friend whom I hadn't seen in over a year.  She thoughtfully treated me to an enchilada dinner, frozen yogurt and a bag of saltwater taffy.  How do I score such awesome friends?  I also wanted to share a few of the cyber bits that have brightened my week.

Mindy Kaling (Kelly Kapoor from the American version of The Office) wrote an article for the New Yorker that had me laughing out loud.  She outlines seven female archetypes that consistently manifest themselves in romantic comedies, my favourite being 'The Skinny Woman Who Is Beautiful and Toned but Also Gluttonous and Disgusting.'  Here's a little snippet from the article:

'This poor skinny actress who has obviously lost weight to play the likable lead character has to say things like "Shut up, you guys!...If I want to eat an entire cheesecake, I will!"  If you look closely, you can see this woman's ribs through the dress she's wearing -- that's how skinny she is, this cheesecake-loving cow.'

Entertainment Weekly contemplates the possibility of a Princess Bride remake.  I adored, and completely concur, with one reader's comment of 'a remake? Inconceivable.' 

Have a look at the candid pics a photographer snapped as he announced the news of his impending fatherhood to friends and family members from A Cup of Jo

Finally, some subtle and chic ideas for Halloween decor from Cupcakes and Cashmere.  I myself can't wait to pick and carve pumpkins!