Friday, September 30, 2011

British Bites: Cranberry Cheese

I was not the least bit adventurous in the dairy department before I lived in Leeds.  I would eat cheddar, a limited selection of Italian cheeses and there my list would end.  While I wouldn't say I am now a cheese guru by any means, I have tried -- and enjoyed -- a wider variety of cheeses over the past year: goat's cheese, pecorino, brie and feta to name the highlights.  One of my recent discoveries has been Wensleydale cheese with cranberries.  This probably isn't specific to Britain, but it is where I discovered said culinary gem.  And let me tell you, it is addicting.


A large slice of cranberry cheese on buttered toast really hits the spot.  In fact, I could do with some right now.  Unfortunately, it is there while I am here.  Hmm....