Friday, September 30, 2011

Bloomsbury

I love this touch of red

During my most recent trip to London a few friends and I ventured to Bloomsbury in search of the Charles Dickens Museum.  The house was unexpectedly closed.  I had fortunately been through the literary site over Christmas (I still need to share those pics) so my disappointment was minimal.  It was still great to walk through this charming London neighborhood on a warm day.  With streets of Georgian townhomes and verdant parks, Bloomsbury has a wonderful atmosphere.  


 For those who don't know, this borough of London is particularly well known for the Bloomsbury Group, a group of writers and intellectuals who gathered in the neighborhood to discuss...whatever it is intellectual clubs discuss.  I've never been part of one so I couldn't really say.  Does anybody fancy establishing one with me? :)  In any case, its most famous members include Virginia Woolf and E.M. Forster.  If you're ever in the area, Bloomsbury is a bit of London worth exploring. 

This little Scottish Terrier is adorable
I couldn't help but laugh at the name of this establishment
A quaint little park
Amanda, Liz and Ana navigate the streets
I would quite gladly take possession of either of these townhouses
Standing at Charles Dickens's door
He apparently wasn't at home

No comments: