Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Flatmate No. 2: Aisling

Meet Aisling (pronounced ASH-ling).  She hails from the Emerald Isle (e.g. Ireland, the Republic of), and man, she sure is tough.  Aisling used to lift weights competitively and is currently undertaking a degree in hopes of gaining employment with her favourite football club.


Ash is great fun to have around the house.  We love to watch good movies and bad television together.  Plus, it's nice to have another female around for girly chats.  Here we come to the one point on which she and I can't seem to agree: the Y chromosomes.  Ash likes men who are older and distinguished, big and brawny.  And me, well, I like 'em scrawny, lanky and above all geeky.  The geekier the better. 

Aisling gets a kick out of teasing me by saying I dig boys whereas she goes for men.  And I, in turn, retort by asserting she's attracted to brutes and beasts whereas I demand some refinement.  We have yet to settle this dispute. 

In the meantime, we'll be chilling in the living room with a bad (ass) 80s movie. 

No comments: