Thursday, February 28, 2013

Simple Pleasures: Here Comes the Bride


This week's simple pleasure isn't about those quiet everyday moments that often go unobserved. Instead, this joy comes from the kind of momentous family occasion that only presents itself occasionally.

This Saturday, a mere two days from now, my sister is getting married! She's the first in our family to tie the knot, and coming together to celebrate the love she and her fiance have for one another has brought us infinitely closer.

While planning a wedding is a huge life event for the couple and their loved ones, I've tried to soak in the loveliness of simple details from every fleeting moment of the process. Being involved has been an enormous honour, every step of the way: picking out the dress, sampling cake flavours, assisting at the photography session, planning a bachelorette party. I will forever cherish each of these precious moments.

Life is beautiful!

I am (clearly) not their photographer, but I couldn't resist taking a few photos of my own while acting as the bride's assistant at a pre-wedding photo shoot. Here a few favourites:

 Isn't she a beautiful bride?
 Such apparent happiness in this shot -- I love it

I hope your weekend is as happy as I know mine will be!

11 comments:

Caro said...

Congratulations! Your sister is a beautiful bride, and she and her fiancé look really happy. Have a fabulous weekend (and wish them a fabulous life)! :D

JoAnn said...

The last photo is especially wonderful - I'll be thinking of you all this weekend.

Ashley said...

That first shot is especially stunning! She is beautiful. What a happy event to celebrate. I hope you have a lovely weekend. You will be missed tomorrow night, but this is a more than excellent excuse to miss the party.

Cassandra said...

This is so beautiful! My best wishes to your sister! I hope you all have a wonderful time.
Also, you're not that bad of a photographer :D

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful bride and I love your photos!

Diana said...

Caro, that's so sweet of you. I passed that along, and my sister was quite touched. :)

Diana said...

Thanks, JoAnn. It was a lovely wedding.

Diana said...

Ash, I missed you all too! I was originally aiming to make it for at least a bit, but with all the reception preparation it just didn't happen. Ah, well. Next time I'll be there. :)

Diana said...

Thanks, Cassandra. To be not that bad of a photographer is one of my goals this year. Glad to hear I'm not failing miserably. ;)

Diana said...

Thanks, Joon Ann! I know I'm rather partial, but she is a beautiful bride!

sven said...

Diana,

awesome best of luck