Friday, February 22, 2013

Simple Pleasures: Literary Jewelry


Brains are the only things worth having in this world, no matter whether one is a crow or a man.  -- L. Frank Baum

Receiving an unexpected package in the mail is one of life's best surprises. So I was thrilled to discover my dear friend had sent me a little something from across the pond. Finding this necklace with a quote from The Wizard of Oz only increased my elation; it was the icing on the cake so to speak. The enclosed note informed me it's meant to function as an anti-idiot charm, and I must say I feel a certain sense of protection when I wear it! Now I'm convinced I should begin collecting literary themed jewelry. Is there a better kind?

I hope your weekend includes some pleasant surprises. :)

6 comments:

Riv said...

Hey, this is pretty nice. Intellectual jewellery! :)

JoAnn said...

What a nice surprise! I love the idea of collecting literary themed jewelry... already have some book earrings :-)

o said...

Lovely :) I have a Virginia Woolf necklace and strongly believe both of us should have a lot more literary themed jewellery!

Diana said...

Riv: Isn't it a fantastic concept?!

Diana said...

JoAnn: Bookish earrings! I quite like the sound of that. Perhaps I'll buy some of those next.

Diana said...

o: I agree. Let's start accumulating it immediately. :)